Tuesday, June 28, 2022

ベントー



げんき?

Coming from an overprotective household, I was kept far away from the stove. My mom was so afraid that I'd burn myself that I was never introduced to cooking.

Since I began living on my own, I eat out or order from delivery apps everyday, or buy frozen meals at convenience stores. However, things got... Expensive. I was spending too much by eating out everyday and that got me in a tangling situation with credit card bills and my money running out too soon.

I decided to learn how to cook for good.

I'm not the healthiest person alive and I'm very much of a picky eater so I'd spend way less on cooking my own food than most people. My diet basically consists on rice, meat, chicken, carbs and lots of sugar, plus I'm allergic to seafood so most Japanese food are a no-no. I do not recommend eating like me though. Please eat vegetables and fruits and have a healthy diet!

I was dying to eat Gohan and chicken seemed like a very simple thing to cook, so I got some chicken pieces and seasoning and went on to the stove.

 I used to be VERY scared of the stove thanks to my parents. I'm not anymore, thankfully. But the whole cooking process is very boring and long to me. I like fast things and when stuff needs time I can get anxious.

I was a bit experienced with Gohan already, but then I needed time to figure out the chicken. Two and a half hour later, the whole thing was done. Deliciously done!

I got my bento prepared for my lunch the next day; bento and chopsticks were a personal choice over being an admirer of Asian culture and habits. Personally, I find them much more practical and easier to handle than western cutlery and lunchboxes. Not to mention I have a Daiso right behind me at work, so for me it's more likely to get Asian cutlery than anything else.

Chopsticks are common in Asian cuisine because they usually chop everything in bite sizes, and to think of it, it's MUCH more practical, faster and easier. As mentioned, I like my things fast.

By the lunchtime, the food I made was still tasting as freshly good as in the night before and I was SO freaking proud of myself!




I did great for first timer!

Do I now like the idea of coming home after a tiring day at work, spending a few hours cooking and only then getting to rest? No. I'm an avid fan of taking a 3-hour nap when I get home.

 But I do like the idea of being proud of my self-improvement, the taste of the food I made with my own hands, and spare money to spend with brand items, clothing, nails and cosmetics. #gyarulogic


I'm super excited to try cooking kare raisu, meatballs and tonkatsu. Would you like to see more of my cooking adventures here? (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

I know I sound SO spoiled and childish for never having cooked a chicken before, but hey, I'm willing to learn and I'm trying my best! Could you please give me a chance? (・ัω・ั)


1 comment:

  1. Wow you tackled chicken for your first cooking???? That's super amazing! I think my first cooking was... an egg. Congrats on taking control of your own diet and learning to cook 💖💖
    I'm also quite lazy with cooking, but still like homemade food, so it's always a battle between my taste and my motivation (and whether I have access to a kitchen)
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...