Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Galvolution - 3 years!

 Hiya!

There's this weird phenomenon in my Google Photos account that it keeps comparing my most recent looks to my first ones back in September 2018 when I decided to try gyaru again.

I have a long and complicated story with gyaru.

I first heard about it when I was 13 year old and was madly in love with Tsubasa, Kumicky and Popteen in general. However, even though I wear makeup since my first years of life, I wasn't skilled enough to do gal. I didn't have the money either, as I was just a pre-teen.

My lack of money and desire to own the same Dolly Wink, Liz Lisa and GEO lenses as anybody else made me very unmotivated to keep trying. Also, I had a feeling of bigotry regarding manba and the older, extreme substyles. For 13 year old Amyh, gyaru was Popteen and Popteen only (no wonder why I never acheived the look lmao back in the day).

In other words: I wasn't mature and skilled enough. But gyaru always had a place in my heart, specially because I never left my obsession for decoden, so it was a small part of the style that was a hint that I'd eventually come back home.

In 2018, my interest sparked again when I decided to learn para para. At first I thought I couldn't be gal with dark hair and without lenses, but Lizzie inspired me to don't give up my beloved raven-colored locks and showed me how to do lenseless makeup through her content.

I had the makeup skills already. I had the nerve. I had a biiiit more money than when I was 13. So I went for it.

However, I wasn't gal yet. As said before, I was too compromised with pinup and vintage lifestyle for that, so I used to dress up in gal once in a while and collected magazines as a hobby.

I didn't realize at that time that gal was meant to be. The signs were everywhere, but I didn't want to see them.

3 months ago, makeup became mandatory in my job and I told myself this time would be real. I left vintage at least for now, but I've never been happier with my style.

Although I wear a uniform most times, I feel 109% gal everytime. It's a lot of fun to go home with eurobeat in my earbuds, write a blog, collect scrunchies and try new eyeshapes now and then.

I shaved my brows!!! I bought colored highlight extensions!!! Hibiscus and plumerias everything!!! Found my love for nail art again!!! Started wearing false nails!!!! GOT A BRONZER AND TANNING PRODUCTS AS AN OFFICIAL GOODBYE TO THE DITA VON TEESE COMPLEXION THAT REQUIRED AN ABSURD MAINTENANCE AND MADE ME SELF-LOATHE!!!!!!!! I tan very easily and beautifully but refused to look golden in order to keep my perfect porcelain Old Hollywood face.

Don't get me wrong, I still love collecting vintage, old movies and pin curls, I might return to this lifestyle as I grow older, but I feel much more free and like myself as a gal. It doesn't make me self-loathe and frustrated as pinup used to.

Gyaru makes me live the present and my youth at its fullest. I traded dresses that I used to believe that make me look older to bright hibiscus prints and mini skirts that remind me that I'm just a young woman and that it feels great being so.

Maybe I'll get bored of being gal someday. Maybe it's a love story of a lifetime. I don't care! For now I'm having fun!!!




13 year old Amyh wouldn't believe if she could see herself now. She wouldn't dare to dream that she'd have MA*RS in the closet one day! We've won!


I'd like to give special thanks to:

Lizzie for all the inspiration, kindness, advice and amazing educational content;

Chris for giving me so many great advices back in the long gone LINE group and being so important to the community;

Rachel for every concrit in the LINE group as well, I was so happy to know you like my new brows LOL;

Georgie for being a huuuuge lifestyle and attitude inspo. I wanna be just like you when I grow up;

Akei, fellow Brazilian gal whom I adore. You have a special place in my kirakira heart, gal!

And the gal community as a whole! You guys absolutely rock! Thanks for being so welcoming and helpful!

Bye bye!

✿ ♡ えいみーりん ♡ ✿



6 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes!! Keep going! I didn't know pinup was such a dedicated fashion and lifestyle. Its so interesting to see what other fashions we've tried! ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!
      Vintage lifestyle is actually a lot of effort. Thrifting, getting a historical accurate haircut so hairstyles work, wearing the right lingerie so you can get the ideal silhouette, tons and tons of reading and studying... It takes a lot to live like a 1950s woman.

      Delete
  2. This post is so... I don't even know how to explain! I just loved it! The energy, the way u describe your journey, the way that gal makes u feel~ it just makes me happy and I relate to this sm since gal is definitely a reason to live for me too w it brings so much joy to my life and I LOVE seeing other gals feel the same way!
    You're an amazing gal and I wish you find happiness in it many more years(゚ω゚)♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaaah thank you so, so much for including me I can't believe it aah ;; <33333

    Also, I'm so proud of your journey! Gal makes everything so much better hahaha <333333 Can't wait to continue seeing you grow!

    ReplyDelete

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...