Monday, July 22, 2024

Weekend ~



I had a very busy weekend this time 

20240720

My friend Gabe came all the way from Natal (northeast Brazil) to celebrate his 25th birthday in São Paulo 

Gabe and I know each other for 10 years now, but we have never met up in person before! We relate so much to each other because we're both enthusiastic of fashion dolls, chick flicks as "Legally Blonde" and "Clueless" and 2000's pop music 

I went on to meet him at Bairro da Liberdade after work (I only work part time on Saturdays) ~



T-Shirt is Lis Liza Doll and the rest is off-brand 




 Diamond Lash "Glamorous Eye"
 Shein
 M.A.C "Myth"

We met at the Hello Kitty cafe (the one closer to the metro station) and since I was dead ass hungry I ordered a combo and a melon soda





Gabe introduced me to his other friends Cah and Gabi and I really liked them!!! They're super adorable and friendly 

After that, we took a stroll around the neighborhood and at one point we stopped at a store with super nice sceneries for taking pictures!

Cah, Gabi, Gabe and me!

Ngl I think I look like cunty Patrick Star in this one 


We attempted going to the Sanrio restaurant but it was at full capacity. Then we found a restaurant called Kyoto that we didn't know about before, but turned out to be really good! I had kara age with bittersweet sauce and gohan. Some of my favorite food!

At least we could take some pictures at the entrance of the Sanrio restaurant ww



At Kyoto restaurant:



And then there was some gift exchanging! Gabe gave me this stunningly beautiful 2002 Hallmark Snowflake Queen Barbie ornament! I literally cried, this is the most beautiful gift ever  it was not only unopened but also SEALED!



As the night fell, we decided to go clubbing 

We ended up at this club called Andromeda in the Augusta street, it's a space/alien-themed club and it's really awesome! I'm definitely coming back some other day! 

Cah couldn't attend with us unfortunately! 



I felt very Alien Superstar~


20240721

I spent the night at an Airbnb with Gabe and Gabi and by the morning I headed back home to change my clothes and go to the movies with Nana-chan, but not before showing Gabe one of my favorite places in São Paulo, the Avanhandava street! 


As soon as I got home, I changed clothes Sailor Moon-style and ran to the mall as quick as possible, which is why I couldn't do my makeup!


We watched "MaXXXine", which I've been anticipating since it was announced as an "X" die-hard fan, but lemme tell you guys... It just ain't it.  It's not exactly a bad movie, but not phenomenal as the other two and a downgrade, which is a let down  As as aspiring filmmaker, "X" inspires me so much and unfortunately "MaXXXine" didn't hit me the same way. But love my half-Brazilian scream queen Mia anyways! 

After the movie, Nana-chan and I played Animal Crossing together through local play and she visited my island  Nana is an Animal Crossing newbie so she received some words of wisdom from this 8-year veteran right here 





Later on, we had burgers, fries and ice cream, went to Daiso and other stores and ended up leaving the mall by 8PM ww


Ngl, I'm a bit tired after this weekend but I'm really happy! 

Gabe just texted saying that he got in the plane to fly back home and I hope we can meet up again soon!




3 comments:

Weekend ~

  Last Saturday was so fun!  I  had a meet-up with my gyarusa at Bairro da Liberdade (FIY: São Paulo's own Little Tokyo)! It was right a...