Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Mercari Haul!



Hey everyone!
We have a very special post today because last week I received my first Mercari order!!!


I used ZenMarket as my proxy shopping service (I've seen too many bad reviews of Buyee and how pricey they are), and I don't think it was bad, it's just... A lot of taxes. But overall good service.

Here's everything I got:

 Tralala long sleeved shirt
 Tralala folding mirror
  pleather tote bag
  dress

I was supposed to get the June 2008 issue of Koakuma Ageha but unfortunately it was cancelled 

As happy as I am now, I'm afraid this is my first and last Mercari haul, at least for a while. Importing stuff in Brazil was never really easy but it's worst now with new importing laws and taxes. The taxes I had to pay when it arrived (after 3 months) was insane. It'll take me a while to financially recover from the taxes tbh 

Shipping was slow as heck too. Surface shipping is one really bad method and too expensive for what it delivers. My order was shipped in mid April and only arrived in Brazil earlier this month, and now Japan won't even do Surface shipping to Brazil any longer – which means there are only the better, but way more expensive choices now.

Being a gyaru in Brazil is like playing on hard mode. You guys have no idea. 

Upsetting stuff aside, let's get to the fun part! 



The shirt was listed as a sweater but it actually isn't  I like it very much though!

It's off-white (which I like better than white tbh), the sleeves have a cuff on the wrists which make them a lil poof-y, the collar has pearl applications and the back has a lacey see-through fabric with a tiny ribbon.

I really like that Tralala's said "free size" is actually my perfect size and fits really comfortable, at least when it comes to shirts. I'm usually afraid of Japanese clothing that claims to be "one size fits all", but at least Tralala fits me really well. Although my boobs stretch out the graphic print a little 



POINT  The lil black ribbon in the front is made of polka dot tulle! It's SOOO cute!


I now finally have my very own brand mirror!  I wanted either a MA*RS or Tralala mirror, but MA*RS was very pricey. I was lucky to find this one for ¥300.

I feel 100% like a gal now 




I'm gonna be super honest here, I only got this dress because it was super cheap, but I wasn't really sure if it would fit. As it's stretchy, I can wear it, but it's not a perfect fit. I can't lift my arms properly and I definitely need to wear safety shorts underneath. But it's super cute nevertheless, and I like the more onee feel of it 


Now, the star of the show.

I solely agreed with paying that absurd tax because of this bag. Just look at her. LOOK AT HER! 

It's brand new with the tag, and I'm still hesitant of cutting it off wwwwww



This bag is a real dream come true, not to mention it's HUGE  it got two inside pockets and a compartment. I can fit all of my mental health issues inside 



I wish I could buy from Mercari more, but for now, this will be my last order. I'm avoiding international shopping, and the government literally is forcing us to want to buy locally. Not only it's much more expensive to buy from locals here, but there are way less options for plus size people and overall nice looking clothing.

I love Brazil and being Brazilian, but boy... It can suck here sometimes 

On a lighter note, I'm very happy with my new old stuff ww






2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the insane tax and shipping issues :( But at least you were able to get some amazing stuff! Really love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah, it's this long sleeved shirt you wore in your other post~ Great purchase.
    It's such a bummer they cancel stuff & they don't even sweeten it up a bit with the taxes ^~^

    ReplyDelete

Weekend ~

  Last Saturday was so fun!  I  had a meet-up with my gyarusa at Bairro da Liberdade (FIY: São Paulo's own Little Tokyo)! It was right a...