Monday, December 26, 2022

My 4th Galversary + Year-round recap!!!

PSA: Picutre-heavy post!

I'm doing this post, like, 4 months late but... Shit happens. ╮⁠(⁠╯⁠_⁠╰⁠)⁠╭

Also, I was supposed to do a recap on 2021 but since we're almost in 2023, I'm recapping 2022 as well! 

Last September, I hit my 4th year as a gal. This last year was really, really special, as I became a full-time, everyday gal.  My whole life changed a lot because of it, and for better. 

Gyaru is not only the style of makeup I wear; my whole life is gyaru. As I've mentioned before, I tried to hard to look mature and grown-up for a while, which got me putting my true self aside. Gyaru makes me embrace it. 


So here are my favorite looks from September 2021 to December 2022, in chronological order 

September 2021:


The bushy brows though ミ⁠●⁠﹏⁠☉⁠ミ they didn't even know they were in their last days...




My first set of press-on nails!

October 2021:




My first day ever without my natural brows! I was completely clueless on how to draw them (⁠*⁠﹏⁠*⁠;⁠)




Them Halloween looks!

November 2021:




I miss u plumeria nails!



Agejo Amyh was born!

December 2021:




Trying on a different eyeshape + blue extensions!



Christmas look with super dark brows so my family wouldn't bother me lol

January 2022:




First look of the year!


Namidabukuro kept getting bigger...


... And heavier.

February 2022:

I took a whole month vacation from work, so I didn't do much, but I had one of my absolute favorite looks of 2022.



This one look was just so (⁠๑⁠♡⁠⌓⁠♡⁠๑⁠)


One of the looks I did when I came back to work.

March 2022:


Experimenting with lash-less, old-school inspired makeup.


Some gals threw shade on my namidabukuro so I kept making them larger lol


Lash-less birthday look!


Birthday outfit

June 2022:

I took a lil break from late March to June, for no specific reason other than not feeling in the mood for dressing up or doing makeup.

When I got back to it, I tried lots of old-school looks and also pushed myself to level me up (in a healthy way, of course). This month was definitely game-changing!


This one is actually from late May but it was almost June so whatever ww



Dia dos Namorados makeup!


This one look with the glittery inner corners... Totally one of the top-tier ones from this year.

July 2022:

Tbh I was at my HOTTEST



One of the cutest press-on sets I made.


Glittery inner corners make an appearance again!



I found out that braided hairstyles are the best for those who are unskilled in hairstyling lol so I started wearing them a lot.

August 2022:



At Lore's birthday!


When I tried out a Manya-inspired look


Blackpink Lisa's hairstyle in "Pink Venom".



September 2022:


Wearing a vibrant-color lipstick for the first time in A LOOOONG time!



Corporate gal for a meeting



I FINALLY got my dream lashes, the Princess Eye lowers!

November 2022:

As I've said in a previous post, I spent the entirety of October at home so I didn't do anything, so I'm skipping to November.



December 2022:



Christmas look

And then we're finally in present day again!



Phew, what a ride! (⁠^⁠3⁠^⁠♪

I'm so, so grateful and happy for each advice and criticism received, and every look I've done over the year, as they were all responsible for my growth as a gal! 

It was insane to look at the oldest selfies! I could barely recognize myself! (⁠☉⁠。⁠☉⁠)⁠!

And thank you for being with me in this journey! <3




2 comments:

  1. That was interesting to see how much you changed and tried different things! Look lovely as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really loved December 2021, June 2022 & August 2022. This "I tried to hard to look mature and grown-up for a while, which got me putting my true self aside. Gyaru makes me embrace it " you wrote really resonated with my own struggle as well.

    ReplyDelete

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...