Friday, January 14, 2022

Taking a break from SNS... Again!

 Amyrin here!

I came into conclusion that I need a digital detox once again ( ・ั﹏・ั)

I need to focus on meditation again and other more important stuff as keeping my room clean and organized, taking some time to review my habits and reflect on who I am and who I want to become.

SNS takes too much time and energy from me. I spent a lot of hours scrolling my Twitter timeline down. This has been messing up my sleep schedule and as result I'm waking up too late for work.

Plus, as much as I love the gal comm, I feel like approaching it too much takes the fun out of it, and I became a gal to have fun. I ended up almost falling to the same pitfalls I fell during my pinup era. So I'm taking a few steps back before I go down the rabbit hole.

As much as I'm thankful for all the advice I got from the comm throughout these years and I treasure so many gaijin gals to heart, I'm not trying to become a charisma too. I'm working on things at my own pace and I don't want to feel like I have to attend to someone else's expectations.

Gal was born from imperfection.

It was unpolished, trashy, low budget and hand-made when it first appeared in Shibuya. Kogals did their makeup with drugstore samples. That's the vibe I'm going for right now because I've struggled and damaged myself too much at the hands of perfection already.

Compliments and applauses are nice. But I'd rather be a gal to have fun than to get a bunch of likes. If someone else thinks I look unpolished or that I'd look better some other way according to their personal liking, that's none of my business.

Maybe someday in the future I'll get to become one classy onee gal. But not today.

I'll still post in here as much as possible though, bc my blog is my room. It's my safe place. ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Byebye!

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Being a gal and a blogger is all about doing your own thing! Just do your best and have fun. It's also a good idea to take a break from SNS every now and then. It's one of the reasons I wanna get a usable flip phone. Cut down on everything and take very oldschool pics XD
    Hope you feel better ♥
    きーりん♡
    kiringalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this <3 Especially lately I've been too worried about my insta likes -_- And I noticed I've become more and more unhappy with myself and my appearance because of it...
    The demand for perfection nowadays is unreasonable. I hope you take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...