Monday, November 1, 2021

Galloween recap!

 




Hiya! Good morning!

Halloween was SO GOOD this year. It was my first official Galloween too!

On Saturday I decided to dress up as a gal Bride of Frankenstein! I took inspiration from Elsa Lanchester's makeup in the movie (which is my favorite from the original Frankenstein franchise) and replicated her brows. I was surprised with the positive feedback I received because of them!

It was one of my all time favorite makeup looks!




In case you missed it, this was my look on Friday:


I also did Nana's makeup. She's my coworker and one of my dearest friends!


I took inspiration from this picture I found, so credits to the MUA:


Since Nana and I were both going to have our day off on the 31st, we decided that we should do a Halloween sleepover and movie marathon! We left work and went to her place, ordered pizza and had a TON of candies. We went to sleep by 5 in the morning!

Nana took this iconic photo of me right after taking off my lashes and extensions. A true document of a gal in decline for the next generations ✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

Our marathon included "Carrie", "Suspiria", "The Shining" and "Final Destination", but we also did some tarot and pendulum reading as we're both into divination and (real life) witchcraft.


She has two dogs, Cavaco and Woody, and I have to say, Woody is the sweetest, most cuddling guy I've ever seen! He's a tiny little Lhasa who would snuggle with me all the time! He even slept next to my head by the morning! I miss having pets so much!!!! Living in a sharehouse is so boring sometimes!



We also played a little bit of Animal Crossing so we'd go on the Halloween quest. I was kinda disappointed that my villagers didn't acknowledge my Holly Golightly costume as a costume!!! So I changed to something more Halloween-stereotypical lol

The Holly Golightly costume
It was so cute (・ัω・ั)

The other costume
It was cute but I'd still rather stay dressed as Holly!

Skye made me laugh so much like this!

I believe I got most of the items. Then we proceed to play a little bit of Bayonetta ((人*´∀`)。*゚+( ◜‿◝ )♡(。♡‿♡。)(✿ ♡‿♡)(♡ω♡ ) ~♪) too. Now I'll be waiting for the update on the 5th!!!


This Halloween was so much fun, specially when compared to last year's. I felt like I could enjoy it to the fullest and even risked watching movies I wasn't brave enough to do so before ("Suspiria", I'm looking at you). 

I realized that I DO like horror, as long as it's not based on jumpscares and excessive gore as the "The Conjuring" franchise. It's nice to get the chills and feel adrenaline running all over (✷‿✷)

I'm a little sad that Halloween it's over because I'm not excited at all for Christmas. I used to love Christmas time, but now that I'm in mourning for my grandma, things are different. I don't feel connected to my family any longer except for my mom, and recently I had an argument with the friends I considered family that ended in us parting ways. I feel like I don't have a reason to celebrate Christmas this year, plus I work overtime with no day off during December, so on the 25th I'll be extremely tired.

Halloween, on the other hand, is also a tribute to the dead in a fun and joyful style. I adore the way Mexicans celebrate Dia de los Muertos, it's so beautiful and respectful, and I'm looking forward inspiration to honour my grandma.

Tomorrow is the Brazilian holiday in honour of the dead (it's called "Dia de Cinzas") but I'll have to work. Either way, grandma is always in my mind and heart!


I hope you had a great Halloween and that your November will be a blast!!!!

✿ ♡ えいみーりん ♡ ✿



No comments:

Post a Comment

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...