Tuesday, October 5, 2021

When Gyaru becomes therapy

Agepoyo!!!! 
I'm Amyh, 23, from Brazil! (*˘︶˘*).。*♡

If you remember me from once-in-a-while posts in Sekai no Gyarusa and the LINE group I created for it, you might recall as well that I used to do gal looks not very often because I was way more compromised and devoted to the vintage and pinup style. Gyaru was a failed attempt when I was 13, I regained my interest for it 3 years ago and decided to try again, even though I wouldn't be an everyday gal or make it my main lifestyle. Either way, no matter how much dedicated I was to vintage, I'd still be a whore for everything decoden, collect magazines and workout with para para routines. 

However, my life took some dark twists recently. I won't get too personal since I'm still at the healing stage. But there were four main turning points: 

1. My grandma passed away in August due to COVID. Obaa-chan was my true mother in my heart. She used to support me in anything I'd do, and even did my hair for my first gal meet! So needless to say, losing her was like taking away a huge piece from my heart. I needed something to make me smile again; 

2. My mental health went completely Helter Skelter directed by Mika Ninagawa with vintage. My unhealthy obsession with perfection and image was worsened by the environment in the community and style, and then I did no good to loved ones around me. It made me rot as a person. I won't deny that I've been really bad to those who loved me and hurt them
 I' m no angel. It was a major breaking point when I realized how much vintage made the worst in me stand out, how I was never satisfied with my looks and how my eyes seemed sad although I had outstanding hair and makeup in photoshoots. As Ririko, I decided to destroy my imperfectly perfect persona – not with a stab in the eye, of course, but metaphorically;

3. In a continuation of the previous topic, Gyaru always felt fun and lightweight as vintage never acheived to be, personally speaking. It's pure bliss when I learn a new para para routine, embelish something with rhinestones, admire how big my eyes look with all the makeup. Most importantly, it's a style born from the imperfection. It has so much potential to teach me life lessons, as it is already doing. It makes me less ashamed of owning Sanrio-labeled everything, being unapologetically nonchalant, speak and laugh loud as I naturally do and have fun rather than worrying about being a Primadonna – see, I'm dark-haired and use prescription glasses (hence the name of the blog), I'm not an IDEAL gal but I do FEEL gal. I also realized that people tend to associate me to kawaii and blinged up stuff than a victory roll or a circle skirt! And I've regained my long gone love for nail art and Japanese media. In other words, it gives me a true and happy sense of self;

4. I'm a salesperson at The Body Shop and recently makeup became obligatory. So it's been literally a month that I've been doing my gal makeup, every single day. It became a natural process and a part of my routine as brushing teeth or having breakfast, and my identity as well. I feel naked if I go out without my makeup, not because I want to be virtual or I'm afraid to be seen with a bare face, but because it became an ID. Also, seeing the working gal looks in Gal & Dino was SUPER inspiring!

Alaska once said...

I've disconnected from most social media or avoid using, specially Twitter and Instagram, as part of my on going therapy. I still use Pinterest and sometimes Tumblr because it's just pretty pictures with no harm mostly, so I'm basically avoiding stuff that made my mental health decline. However, I felt like blogging was the right thing to do. Not sure why, but maybe because there is no harm in registering my gal journey. 

Right now, I feel like I've reborn as a butterfly. I'm unstoppable as a gal and I'm having A LOT OF FUN - the most important of it all. Idk if it's a phase or a life long lifestyle, but I really don't care. I'm enjoying it as its fullest! 

My blog will be the only place in which I'll give a glance of my life from now on and for a while, but because I hope to inspire other people to let themselves have fun and not take themselves too seriously and share all of this joy with everybody! It's a new place for me to feel free and joyful! 

Google Photos reminded me of how far I've gone! 

Before I'm done with this post, I'd like to note that most of my makeup looks only have my eyes made because I spend whole nine hours with a tight and thick mask that covers my whole face but eyes and it would get nasty if I did a nose stripe, so please don't be annoying in the comments lmao if I actually go out I do a whole face, but during working days it's the essentials only. 

For now, bye bye ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...