Thursday, January 20, 2022

Poupeegirl craze!

 Ah, poupeegirl!

Good old days!

Talking about poupeegirl is the same as talking about my early teens. I have a long story with this little game!

When poupeegirl was still around, there was a forum board for Brazilian players that not only we talked about the game daily, had our own jokes and helped each other, but there were sections for topics of beauty, movies, celebrities and so much more.

Every new clothing piece or cosmetic I got back in the day went through the process of taking a picture if it to upload to the game's closet, religiously.

I made great friends in the pupe community that I still treasure to this day. It's one of the very few memories from my teens that I still like to remember with rose colored glasses.

As many of you already know, Georgie posted on her blog about Bentewee a fanmade reproduction of the original game, and now the entire gal comm seems to be joining! This makes me so happy!

In fact, the developer, Alfirin, is Brazilian and used to be part of the forum board! If I'm not mistaken, she used to be one of the admins too. Since I already knew her from that time, I was aware about Bentewee and joined it when it was released in 2016 but then completely forgot about its existence.

I never fully understood why Ameba shut down the game. It was at its peak when they did that, so suddenly and out of nowhere! Needless to say, we were all shocked and deeply saddened in the forum. It eventually shut down as well. 

I'm amazed by so many people sharing their stories with poupeegirl now! I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Enough babbling, this is my comeback look:

 Visit me here!

Let's play together as in the golden years!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's so amazing! I love hearing stories from those that got to play the OG game. Unfortunately I missed out but I'm glad this version exists! I love your looks on it too!
    きーりん♡
    kiringalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It's definitely not the same game but the most fun part (dress up and shopping) are there so it's very reminiscing!

      Delete

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...