Thursday, December 16, 2021

Burn out + my 1st gingerbread cookie



As Christmas approaches, I begin to burn out!

And I only get to start working overtime by tomorrow!


It's like my body is functioning on battery saving mode. I got my period today, so cramps have been torturing me all day long. It's not easy!

Please be nice and patient to salespeople and shop staff during holiday season. We're trying our best and it's very difficult to all of us. We're a small team for hundreds of customers per hour.


On a lighter note, I had my first gingerbread cookie ever!

Gingerbread cookie isn't really a thing in Brazil. We know it from movies (Shrek specially) but we have our own Christmas food and sweets, as panettone (similar to a fruit cake), pavê (cold pie made of biscuits and cream) and rabanada (toasted bread dipped in milk with cinnamon and sugar – my favorite!). Because it's summer for us, we like fresh, colder flavors and desserts better than spicy and warming.

I had tried candy canes through my brother who lives in the US but they were disappointing lol they're just mint candy in a cute shape. This time I got a pack of gingerbread men at Starbucks and boy, did I love it!


10/10, definitely buying again until it's gone for good! I loved the mixed and balanced flavor of sugar and spice!

Christmas in Brazil is funny (I believe Australia is similar too), because even though we're in Summertime, we were always highly influenced by US media so there wasn't a tropical-themed decoration ever. So it doesn't really matter if we're dressed in light and flowy dresses and having ice cream for dessert at Christmas Eve, everything is decorated like it's winter and everyone and their mom put fake snowman and deers in their yard. Like, it does snow in some areas of Brazil but during June/July. Weird.


Every Christmas decorations at malls look like this. I'm not even joking. Meanwhile, the number one reason people enter malls during summer is to make use of the air conditioner. Photo from Google.


I'm trying to rest as much as possible now. This will be tough (*﹏*;) 

But at the same time, my heart fills with joy everytime I remember that there will be a lot of people getting happiness from the gifts I wrapped and helped picking. Some even with my own handwriting, as I get to write requested messages!

I love the idea that someone will be overwhelmed with joy with the present that I prepared with my own hands. That's really beautiful, even though I get no rest in order to make these people's Christmas a happy day lol

I guess I'm a legit elf!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hoping the rest of your working holidays will be smooth and fun!!! I don't miss retail at all Dx
    I'm sorry....I am dying to know what those Brazilian foods and sweets are for the holidays! They sound amazing!!!!
    I love the fact that your malls are decorated even though it's summertime! Something about seeing summer clothes yet in Christmas decorations is pretty awesome!
    きーりん♡
    kiringalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's kinda like in the first act of "Lalaland"! Everything is winter wonderland-themed but we're all in light clothes!

      Delete
  2. the Randana sounds abit like a french toast,isnt it something like this? it sounds amazing anyway i wanna try ittt
    Ginger coockies r also so goooooodd! im so happy for u u did it well!
    it sound kinda nice if they will put tropical decoration mixed with christmad theme lol
    hope you'll have a happy holiday(❁´◡`❁)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had french toast but seeing photos of it on Google makes me think of rabanada too! It's probably similar!
      And I'm dying to do a tropical Christmas tree someday with hibiscuses and plumerias!

      Delete

BTS: Yet to Come in Cinemas!!

 It's almost 1AM for me and I'm super tired but I must blog about today!!! I went to the theaters for the screening of the BTS: Yet ...